
does it take 57 gillion presents under your Christmas tree?
does it take a jar of 3 zillion notes of love to you?
does it take little kids smiles and laughter?
does it take new shiny things?
does it take a slap in the face?
does it take a loved ones absence?
does it take sadness, boredom, or grief?
does it take the "Christmas spirit"?
does it take family?
does it take loneliness?
what does it take for you to realize what Christmas is "about"?
maybe it does take one of those. or 3 or 5. but I think maybe i've got it. .
no, i don't "got it".. but i'm starting to.
I hope i'm starting to at least.
This year I received a gift.
yes received. (you might be thinking.. 'Lexi realized what Christmas is about from RECEIVING a gift??')
but it's true. and i'm guessing the people reading this, helped contribute to my gift.
I got a jar.
this jar is not a regular jar.
a jar full of everyones love. over 230 people wrote me a note. so that in the year of 2011, I can pick a paper out every day and read a note of what someone wrote to me or about me.
the notes were so thoughtful. every single one of them... but the thought of people taking 1 minute, maybe even just 45 seconds of their time...just for me.
how many people can say, "over 230 people took 1 minute of their busy schedules just for me."
i'm blessed.
I have amazing people in my life, and I recognize it.
one day I hope I can some how give 230+ people one minute of my time.
I think it's time for me to give back, ya know?
I really got the ultimate gift.
I know what Christmas is about.
it's about peoples love,Christ-like love, and togetherness, and peoples lives, especially the people who need it, and remembering our Savior. And what's the best way to show him we remember him? love, service, togetherness. loads of stuff. and this jar was one way 230+ showed love.
Thank you so much you 230 people. Thank you for reminding me what it was about, and thank you for your time, and your kind, loving hearts.
i'll never forget this Christmas because of you contributors. ever.
xoxo, Happy holidays everyone!
Lexi Glauser
Wow! What a post! I was brought to tears reading your thoughts. Thank you. You are one amazing girl, and I'm glad to have been one of those people! You deserve it! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteKandace I can't view your blog! will you add me so i can?
ReplyDeletemy email is
lexiglauser@yahoo.com
:)