Friday, March 25, 2011

An end before a finish line.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
-Maya Angelou

This actually could sound like a pathetic post.. not because of WHO it's about..but mostly what it's about.

(school...teachers..odd, i know)

I've heard from SO many people, countless times, "High school is just a phase in your life."
maybe it is.. maybe it's not. but I have come to realize this-

what I learn in school right now is up to me, and just me... right?

wrong.

I think my teachers have JUST as big of an impact in my life.. as.. well, I do. I actually never believed that until today. I've thought about it. . but I decided it was all me.

but today, my art teacher quit.


I never ever saw that coming.


and now I don't know what to do. I never realized how much she inspired me until now realizing I won't get her help... I'm afraid get that GREAT of help ever again.

(Thank heavens I'm moving on to college)

Things I've learned from Ms. K;

  • it's more important to have fewer, perfect pieces, than to have more mediocre pieces.
  • take EVERY opportunity you get that will help make you great.
  • I really DO have potential if i work on it... something no teacher has ever made me feel.
  • art really is my passion, it doesn't have to just be a hobby.

I do have awesome teachers. every class is awesome this year. but I guess since art is MY subject... Ms. K was my favorite teacher. and I miss those classes already just thinking about it.

and lets face it,
I never would have painted anything this year without her,
I never would have done sterling scholar,
I NEVER would have won sterling scholar for my school,
I never would have met Jeff Ham and got an awesome opportunity from him,
I never would have participated in art competitions,
and most of all, I probably would have never considered any type
of art for a career path without her.

and because of those things, I owe her forever.

Thank you so much Ms. K for making me feel like I can be a great artist.


I hope every single person reading this has some specific person in their head who 'got them rolling' if you will. take the time to thank them, and pray you can change someones life one day as well.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Lexi! This is beautiful! Sounds like you are a on your path because of Ms. K. Honor her even more by succeeding and going for your dream! I want a Lexi Glauser original hanging in my home!

    Love you to bits,

    Janet Ivey

    ReplyDelete