Sunday, September 23, 2012

I'm just being alive.

Here I am. Just being alive and stuff! School is still going strong. Although this first month has felt like 3 and a half straight weeks of finals, I think I can do this. I can totally make it through this year. 
(Actually, let's hold off on that comment until after Winter.) 
So pretty much all I do is CISIS homework, eat, write papers, read text books, and create art. (and OBVIOUSLY sleep.. I'm still the same Lexi)
Literally, that's all I do. I know, I know... you NEVER expected Lexi Glauser to say that, huh?
Surprise. I do homework and study this year.
... and I love it....

Here are some of the projects I've done for school:






I was really nervous to be in Advanced photography but I've already learned SO MUCH. It's such a huge help and it's helping me learn to think more creatively, not just how to function a camera well. 




These two photos I did for fun.. I ended up using this same photo for the assignment above, but it was mostly just to test out my lighting equipment!
I got some pretty cheap lighting stuff just for a beginner and it was a blast to pull out and play with... but let's say I've got a lot to learn.



 I can't believe my roommates don't hate me already.. (maybe they already do..) but our house ALWAYS has some sort of art set up.. I need to work on my organization.



The coloring on these pictures are a little crazy... but these are my latest!


The lighting set up in our little house... no it doesn't look ghetto at all..


haha this was my first apple I made for my assignment... dumb.



My favorite part of these last couple weeks... I'M GOING TO A KILLERS CONCERT! I feel like such an adult. I've told everyone it's my first concert.. but I went to Styx when I was little and Miki said I really should count that as my first. So.. jokes on you guys.. it's my second one.. not so rad.
Nevermind. I'm not counting Styx. I can't remember it. All I remember is wanting a pick from their guitar SO bad. Why am I even saying all of this? I always forget how to blog. I need to get in my flow again.

So let's see. Let me inform you about school. I LOVE psychology. I really regret not trying hard in high school now because it would have helped me so much. Last week we started talking about the brain and I'm actually interested. I have never in my life wanted to know how information is processed and transmitted. Welp the good news is I do now! The problem I face now is I went 18 years without caring, and now I have a lot to make up for. I definitely didn't do the best on my first test but I'm just happy I'm interested in something other than art. THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION.

So uh.. who wants to celebrate? Just let me know..


I have so many more things to write about, but I will do it later this week. I'm way too tired to get it all down.
Hope everyone enjoys their week!

-Lex

3 comments:

  1. Your photography really has improved SO much! (And I mean that as a compliment.) Don't worry Lex, I'm pretty sure every doesn't care for the first 18 years of their life, just be grateful you care at 18! I think I was 20 when I started caring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the 18 years without caring and it threw me off. I know you're 19. I promise. Best sister award.

    ReplyDelete