{Beware: the length of this blog IS a killer. so good luck friends)
Playing games
Preforming

Creating

Laughing so hard I cry




Traveling

Doing crazy things



Children



The summer sun



Friends







Family


"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change."
I believe that quote with every part of me. I will never put someone else
in charge of my happiness. That way, I can be the one to lift other people up.
Obviously I'm not there yet.. but it is something i'm working on.
I have a friend who ALWAYS is helping people.
I've received texts form her saying,
"sorry I didn't text you back, my friend really
needed someone to talk to tonight."
Or I've gotten one saying,
"Lets hang out tomorrow for sure, because my friend needs
some help tonight!"
and last but not least...
the day I couldn't HELP but feel sorry for myself,
her and her boyfriend.. (while on their date)
came to my house and hung out with me the rest of the night.
I didn't even ask them to or anything!
She is someone who will always tell the truth, and always be there for me no matter what.
Obviously I have PLENTY of activities, or people in my life that make me happy,
(as shown above)
But I still always hope that I can be a person who is just happy.
Not someone who relies on the summer sun, games, friends, or kids or family to make me happy.
I believe that it is more important to make other people happy than it is myself. I work so hard on that. I have my days...or I guess weeks and months of pure selfishness. I wish I never did. I wish I never had to work on being a happy person. But I do. And I hope anyone reading this would say
they work on it too... Maybe I'm just a little behind everyone else. But i'm getting there.
After thinking A LOT about all this happiness stuff, I came across this quote:
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
- Groucho Marx
How true is that? I hardly even know where i'm going with all of this stuff, BUT I do know I'm so grateful for the happy people in my life who are the best examples.
Anyone met my parents? HOLY ball of happiness.
Let's be realistic... is anyone happy all the time? no. and neither is my family. but I plan on being happily married sometime in my life. and I EXPECT it to be just like my parents. Is that bad to expect that? I hope not. But i'm going to marry someone who makes it easier for me to be happy and I make it easier for them to be happy for eternity. Just like my parents have, and will continue doing.
Anyone met my friends? every single one of them. I hate naming any because there are too many and I can't leave anyone out..
but the ones I've had for a pretty lengthly time span ..
maggie: she's sooo full of life. A L W A Y S. just the thing I want/need in my life.. excitement.
Laura: the person I mentioned earlier. she's just happy. and honest. everyone needs that.
Shalli: strong. she can get through any mess that gets thrown her way... oh boy do I need strength.
Lixi Lars: She loves to learn. I love reading her blogs and seeing the stuff she learns in school or about fashion or the world. anyone can use a little interest to be a better person and learn some things.
All of my friends and family have a certain excitement, love, happiness, interest, strength, and honesty to them and that's what makes me WANT to be around them all the time.
They are the reason I WANT to be a better person. It's so hard though..
isn't it? Doesn't the world make it hard? Or is it just me?
Maybe I am the one who makes it hard for me to be happy.
maybe I need to just let go of other peoples negativity,
or opinions or bad decisions or maybe just..the person in
general so that I CAN
make a positive change in my life.
But lets be realistic again..
I need to drop my own negativity,
judgements and bad decisions. no one else's.
Guess that's JUST the thing I need to work on.
But two things I know for sure..
If I have the gospel and my family..
I have it all.
And I will be happy.
I apologize for the length of this blog. after church I always have a million things running through my brain.
congrats to everyone/anyone who read this WHOLE blog!! your amazing. I never read anyones if they get too long.
so thanks! love you all.
Lex
No comments:
Post a Comment