Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Answered Prayer


I had my prayers answered.

To be completely honest... I can't say it's exactly what
I prayed for... but it was the answer to what I
SHOULD have been praying for in the first place.

Just telling you now.. This is a spiritual post.


I've had SUCH a hard time lately.

that's why I haven't posted until recently.
I start writing a post and they are all AWFUL. haha
so glad I never posted them. they'd be embarrassing to
read now...

ANYWAYS.

enough about me, and more about the great things
I have in my life.

So tonight, Laura gets a letter from my dear
"brother"
Elder Christian 'Paco' Clayton.

In the inside, there was the most pleasant of
all surprises. a little note that looked like this;



He hasn't forgotten me. even though I have been a
terrible writer, one of my greatest friends didn't
forget me.
and more than not forgetting me...
he knew EXACTLY what I needed to hear.
let me first say that I am SO grateful to have
people in my life so spiritually in tune with the spirit
that they can answer my prayers, even another country
away through a hand written letter, that I received a month after
it was written. A M A Z I N G.

This is a part of what he wrote me;

"If you feel alone just pray for comfort.
God knows us perfectly
and Jesus knows exactly how you feel. He felt it too. The
Atonement is for everyone and everything!
not just sin. Sickness, afflictions, temptations,
pain and any sort of bad feeling.
(see Alma 7: 11-12) He knows how to succor us in anything. "

Alma 7: 11-12 ;

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions andbtemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.


So, after reading all of that, I just knew it was an answer to my prayer..

BUT it didn't end there. 3:00 AM rolls around, and right when I'm about to shut my eyes and

sleep, I decided to check twitter. And a friend posted this video ;

[click the link]

I hope ya know we had a hard time.


The Lord works in mysterious ways. but I do know one thing-

He does answer prayers.

and even more than that..

He blesses us when we haven't even asked for it. Maybe or maybe not

I deserved both of those answers today.. but I got them because my Heavenly Father

is so loving. And I'm so grateful that I have a testimony to even recognize the

blessings I receive. I'm so SO grateful for my friends who did two things that

probably felt of no worth today.. they helped me more than they will know.

I absolutely love this gospel and the happiness and peace that comes

right along with it. I don't think I could get through school without it.

Actually.. I know I couldn't.


I don't know why I felt the need to post this at 3:30 AM.

I don't know if it will mean anything to anyone..

and if it doesn't.. then just re-watch the video.. there are a million things

in that video that could change lives.


Do a little more good today for someone else. forget yourself.

I promise I'm going to try and do it as well.

Maybe my problems will shrink 8 sizes by seeing what other people

have to deal with in their lives, and figuring out how I can help them.


Happy Tuesday everyone!

xoxo


Lexi Lou





No comments:

Post a Comment