I'm free as an eagle.

Isn't that the weirdest thing ever?
Sorry bout' it.
Here's the deal.. I have absolutely NO idea what's gotten into me.. but I love it.
I feel like I CAN and WILL do anything I set my mind to.
I don't know what's been holding me back.. but I'm just so stoked to say I've left it behind!
..side note..
My nieces have Native American names such as
'Moon finder' -because Sadie always looks for the moon and finds it.
'One Wing' - Saylin dances with one arm and makes it look like a wing.
SOO I went ahead and named myself since I've been asking and no
one would give me one.
"Liberated Eagle"
yep.
Now that I'm under pressure I can't think of too many examples of how I'm a Liberated Eagle.
It's almost embarrassing.
I lied. I have a few. My first announcement..
I am an artist.
Yeah, I KNOW that you know that already.. I mean I AM an art major..
What I mean is I have finally decided to just pick up the ball and run with it, so to speak.
I decided when I was in middle school that I would do something with art for the rest of my life.
real quick,
Imagine this;
Me as a doctor
Me as a lawyer
Me as a geologist
(The creepiest thing is that I can totally see myself as a geologist.. but that's besides the point)
Me as a biologist
Me as an astronaut
Me as a dermatologist
Get a load of this one..
Me as an athlete
What the devil!! Am I right? Totally unimaginable. Especially the athlete one.
But now imagine this;
Me as an artist.
If the slipper rights, wear it, right? right!
And let me tell you... the slipper fits.
..another side note..
I just have to say before I throw myself under the bus making jokes
about not being athletic.. One time in high school I was
made athlete of the month. NO JOKE. It was pretty neat.
One time while Keesha was on her mission (story time.. and I'm bad at stories on accident)
she met a lady, or knew a lady, or something.. anyways this lady could read people.
Like on Baby Mama how the blonde reads peoples Aura. Yeah, just like that.
Well I guess she could read me from clear across America and she said that
I could be good at chemistry, and also that I'm a very kind,
nurturing person so she could see me being a Vet. (hahahaha)
Well at the time, it was a very good thing for me to hear because it made me try
hard to do well in Chemistry.. but trying didn't work anyways because not only was
I awful at it but I disliked it a ton.
Because someone told me I 'should' or 'would' be good at something made
me WANT to be good at that thing.. even someone who I've never met!
crazy talk, right? well I know me! So why haven't I been listening to me ever
since the beginning? I like to make art. Whether I'm good at it or not, whether
I make crappy or good art, I LOVE IT.
Another thing I've been doing is making a HUGE mistake with photography.
Rather than believing in myself and taking chances.. I've tried to take the easy route.
Don't get me wrong.. If you've ever done photography.. It's hard.
Maybe I'm just challenged a bit, but it's tough for me.
But I've ALWAYS wanted to be an artist who sells their work. My high school art
teacher was very helpful with my decisions and pushed me everyday to
be that kind of artist. But once I worked hard to get me a new, nice camera
I feel like EVERYONE talked me into being the standard photographer.
Senior, family, kid, friend... every kind of portraits.
please, PLEASE don't get me wrong. I do enjoy that stuff. I like taking any type of
picture.. but that's not where my passion is.
I've been too scared to try to make art to sell. Obviously it's going to
take a long time to be good enough to be 'that artist' but I'm definitely willing to work on
it. Why waste time JUST doing something that I like? Why not do something
I like for the time being, while I WORK on doing something I LOVE?
who even knows if that makes sense. I don't even care.
I just realized these last two weeks how often photography comes to my mind.
{I just want to make it clear that if you ever consider asking me to take
your photos for ANYTHING..it's not a hassle.. I DO LOVE IT!
My future is just more set on the art side, rather the standard
photo side. Just two difference paths, but I love both}
This should be my next announcement..
I've officially grown out of the stage of daydreaming about boys.
I'm sure all of your jaws dropped. I know, I know. It's a hard concept
to grasp. Now a days I daydream about art. Different ideas just float around
in my mind. During the day I wish I could just skip class and go take photos, then
once night hits I literally feel sad that I can't go out and get my ideas of paper.
I'm not even just saying that either. It's happened too many times to count!
Pretty pathetic. Also pretty motivating.
Next announcement:
I'm making a website.
It might take a while. but it's happening.
Whether you like my art, or think it's pathetic
I'm just asking you very kindly to support ME.
please?
so that was my spill of photography-free-eagleness.
(Each experience and examples I give are now called Free Eagles)
For my next Free Eagle experience;
I went camping.
^that says it all.
And last announcement;
I cut my hair...
again.
I think this is a little of what started my Free Eagle Experiences to be honest.
When I told my mom and sister I wanted to cut my hair they both
laughed due to my previous post about hair and then said,
"you need to find something to do.. you're getting bored"
Well what the heck? Am I getting bored? I don't even know.
But changing my hair is FUN to me. It's like art for me or something.
To be honest, It's one of the things I feel like I have complete control over,
which is ironic because technically the hairstylist (AKA Keesha)
is the one who is complete control over her hair.
But it's something I can do without being a billionaire,
or without getting tattoos (haha?)
or without moving across the world just for fun, then deciding I hate it
and moving straight back home to live with my mom and dad forever.
Maybe that was a bit over-dramatic.
but I do get to do whatever I want with it. The good news is I've never
disliked a hair cut on me. Even when other people do (Like the one I have now..)
I still like them. And I get to be confident and dress however I want and be a
complete free eagle.
so there you have it.
The Liberated Eagle.


(same hair cut I had in 10th grade, just minus the red hair)


(^this was right after the cut.. so try not to be so judgmental, or do. whatever floats your boat. I just have to say that it looks better when I do it now, and when I'm ready)
P.s I'm also doing many exciting things with photography this summer, as well as
videography and just plain FUN things that come straight from my free eagleness.
I'm stoked to share it with you guys.
But until then..
Be happy and smile and stuff.
Try feeling like a Free Eagle.
I know you'll love it.
Love,
The Liberated Eagle
hahahahahaha
too much.
Just Love,
Lexi Glauser
xoxo
You are WEIRD. But that's why I love ya!!! You could literally do anything and be good at it. P.s. We need to work on your indian name 'liberated' doesn't sound very indian to me...don't worry though, it'll come. Those things take time.
ReplyDeleteoh.
ReplyDelete