Sunday, June 17, 2012

To Lou and Ross!

I know, I know. Another blog post about fathers day. If you feel it necessary, turn back now. 
(But really, don't.. just skim read and look how cute the pictures are..that's what I do.)

This post is dedicated to my dad.

 (hopefully this post makes up for not posting an instagram this morning..Sorry dad. I was planning on this instead of a insta post...THAT'S just how much I love you)


This is my dad. 
We'll call him Ross. 

He's the guy that gave me the nick name 'toad'
He's the guy that taught me how to drive. 
He's the guy that taught me how important church was.
He's the guy that let me use his testimony while I was still learning. 
He's the guy that baptized me.
He's the guy that confirmed me a member of the LDS church. 


He's the guy that makes the best french toast. 
He's the guy that forced me to wakeboard until I liked it. Even when I was bawling.
He's the guy that has always teases me when I'm ornery until I smile.
He's the guy that has always made sure mom gets respect. 



He's the guy that is so willing to take us out to the lake.
He's the guy that allows us to travel the world. 
He's the guy that will take me and my sister to California with only a day in advance. 
He's the guy that makes sure EVERYONE gets up on the wakeboard.
He's the guy that will massage my feet when I'm tired. 
He's the guy that came to every single dance, musical theater and voice recital. (wow!!)


He's the guy that will cry when you tickle him.
He's the guy that tickles me until I cry. 
He's the guy that came to all my cheer competitions and the games. 
He's the guy that works until he's dead and covered in paint. 


He's the guy that I do my toast for every Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
He's the guy that took me and my best friends to Disney Land.
He's the guy that  loves to golf but says he hates it. 
He's the guy that that can't stop working even when he says he is "retired" 
He's the guy that loves to find new places and new things to eat. 


He's the guy that gives the best talks in church.
He's the guy that teaches me interesting random facts about EVERYTHING.
He's the guy that plays 'find the grossest food in the store' with me. 
He's the guy that hugged me and said "have a good day" when I ran the car into the garage.
He's the guy that taught me how to be kind to everyone.
He's the guy that gives money to the needy and NEVER passes them by.


He's the guy that always talks about the church because it means the most to him.
He's the guy that came from a broken home and knew how to not have that in his home.
He's the guy that would hug me when I would cry and keep him up all night. 
He's the guy that tells me when I leave home, "you can't leave unless you have fun."
He's the guy that  loves me even when I'm ornery and talk back.


He's the guy that I want my husband to be like. 
He's the guy that I'm so blessed to have as my dad. 
He makes everyone in our house happy. 
I love him with all my heart and I could never ask for anyone greater. 
He has a true relationship with our Heavenly Father and Christ and 
it shows through his actions and how he speaks. 
He has taught me to have a relationship with Heavenly Father and Christ
and because of that I am especially grateful for him. 

Love you dad. Happy Fathers Day!




To Lou and Ross! 
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Love Ross. He is such a good daddy. He treated me like his own too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.. (Laugh out loud out loud out loud out loud...?) What I'm trying to say is. I LOLed. "We'll call him Ross." "Every single dance, musical theater, voice recital" Seriously! He HATES that stuff too! "Have a good day when I ran my car into the garage" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm loling as I type. There are tears in my eyes! He always knows when to not make something a big deal. Love your posts, soo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete