Tuesday, August 14, 2012

These streets will make you feel brand new Big lights will inspire you.. Let's hear it for New York

Oh man guys. I'm the big city. What the crack, huh? It still doesn't feel real and I've been here a whole day. Megan (please state which Megan..right? The Buck one) Anyways. Megan is probably so sick of hearing me say, "I don't even feel like New York." And then 5 minutes later shouting, "I'M IN NEW YORK!"

Let me go back a sec... Maggie, Lexi and my mom took me and Kinz to the airport. We literally laughed the whole time. 
Now Lexi and Kinz think Mags and I are obsessed with Justin Bieber and it's not true one bit. He sings one good song when it's acoustic. Also it's fun when I wear a hoodie-vest and have short hair because I can pretend to be him. (That's not too weird, right?) Other than that... No way Jose. 
And No Kinz and Buck, I won't be made of money when November rolls around....


 This one's for you Mags... Couldn't have taken this picture without you...and stuff.


Chipotle: A bad idea wrapped in a good idea. 
Actually I take that back.
Wingers was a bad idea. Chipotle was the good idea trying to overcome the bad. 



 Awkward photo to the max, huh Kinz. 


Thanks Mom for driving us and feeding us! You look so teensy and cute!
(And thanks Dad for letting Mom take us and thank YOU for feeding us!)


The plane ride went well. I almost missed boarding.. which I still have no idea how that happened.. It's not my first rodeo I swear. At least I didn't have to wait I guess. 
I've never been more nauseous on a plane though. Once I sat down I noticed the man next to me was sweating hard core. Then he would dump water on his hand and rub it on his face.. Watching him get nervous totally made me nervous. I about lost it when I saw him get the barf bag in reach. I kept saying prayers over and over that I would be able to help the poor guy rather than throw up all over him. Thank heavens he didn't throw up.. and I fell right to sleep the whole ride. So that was cool..

When I landed, Meganbuck48 picked me up and away we went to have a magical day...



Started with breakfast on the roof..



Moved on to enjoying the skyline and other great parts of brooklyn that I don't really know where we were and stuff. 






Sometimes I imagine rad photos in my head.. but it's so difficult when there are only two of us...
So this is me trying to take the cool profile picture. Turns out my camera weighs 6,000 pounds. That's probably literal too. 


I finally got the picture... and we're out of focus... and it's not even rad. 
At least my right arm is so strong and toned now. 


So Buck is really photogenic. And just rocks these New York photos.


I'm just really stoked to be here. 
Also I rock at being a tourist...



After the Asian tourist got brought up we decided to people watch all of the way obvious tourists and copy their poses. So that has become our new goal this whole trip is to take some real good tourist photos. Whenever I post super awkward ones.. that's the reason.
Or I'm just a way uncoordinated awkward person
I prefer the first reason. 







well. this one is for realizes. 
Sorry 'bout it!




For lunch we went to an all grilled cheese place called Melt Shop.
SO. GOOD. 
I could have eaten a hundred.
mine had jalapeƱos, pepper jack cheese, chips, bacon, munster cheese and tomatoes on it.
Who would have thought? Actually.. isn't that just a panini when it does al of that stuff on it? haha. oops. 



Buck finally made me a bracelet she's promised me since my sophomore year.
Actually... she just gave me one she made and didn't feel like wearing.
I'll take it.
And I'll be stoked about it. 


I should have lived in the 80's.


Harrys pizza for dinner.
super great. 


No, I'm from around here I promise. 


I forgot to say how I stoked I was to add another pin to the board. 
sorry Mik....


But for reals. Today was an AWESOME day. I'm so grateful for how things all worked out. My friends have REALLY taken care of me and I'm so thankful for them! 
I had time to post today because we were so worn out we had to just lay around. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a post in so my mom isn't mad/sad about no instagrams! haha. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

-Lexi




1 comment:

  1. You. Are. Awesome. The New York City kind of awesome. Ya know what kind? Well, I'm glad you got a fuzzy pic with your 6000 (literally) lb camera because your hair is fantastic.

    ps. HI BUCK!

    ReplyDelete