Oh my heavens. Where do I even start? We didn't have internet last night so I
couldn't blog, so now I'm a little everywhere.
Honestly one of the funnest days I've ever had. I've never felt so American and I
mean that with all of my heart. (Kade, now I know how great life can be as an American)
It started when we woke up at 4:45 to get ready.
There have been 2 times I've woken up this stoked. The first time was on senior trip
and of course waking up for D.C. We got about 2 hours of sleep but I was just
way too excited. All of us were really. This is our stoked faces.. Except I think I have
the most sensitive eyes in the world. Kinzie even said to me "Whoa you have small eyes in the morning" haha. Then when you add the flash it turns out I can't open them at all.
Well I can a little.. they're slits.
The Washington monument was the first thing we saw pulling into
town and right after we parked.
We started singing "And I'm proud to be an American.." and took a couple snaps of our arrival.
(sorry for the bad quality.. we were just warming up for the day full of photos)
The Jefferson Monument was definitely one of my top three favorites. To be honest, not one of us even knew it existed.. but it was pretty neat. Like the rest, it had his quotes and
writings all over the walls. His were my favorite. I never knew. I need to study a little more
because he was obviously a very spiritual man.
Right when you walk out of this monument you can see the White House clear as day....
Me and Kinz were a little stoked about seeing it IRL. (In real life)
Walking from monument to monument got a little long.. and tiring. So that made random, pointless pictures more necessary.
Also, on one of our many bench-brakes we found this cool Japanese stone.
It said something about relationships.. so we figured it meant it was a lucky stone to strengthen friendships and relationships.
I think we figured right. Which means there was absolutely no reason for that stone to be in this park. Oh well I guess. I think it made us lucky anyways.
When I first read this on the wall I got chills. Could you imagine not having these freedoms?
We really are so blessed.
-sidenote; I made it my rule to document the WHOLE trip.. (yes there is a video coming soon) which means a ton of pictures. It got a little old/awkward when there are only three people. The less people there are, the less kodak the pictures are.. So I apologize for the posed pictures over, over and over again.
Definitely one of the best quotes ever.
I wish you could see the awkwardness behind this photo. I mean, you halfway can... but we were BUSTING up in real life when she slowly put her hand on the dog, then the knee then threw up a smiley.
hard 2 get
Got babe?
We found another bench and I literally felt like the only possible way to finish was to take a nap. The 2 hour night before definitely didn't do us too well. I'm pretty glad we did it though because it made everything 400X's funnier which made for a great trip.
Oh no Kinz! don't fall in to that body of water.. I think you might because you're so
close to it and your flinging your arm everywhere.
Right before these photos we were dying because of how hilarious her glasses were on me. The round ones were way too small and made me look like an idiot. Then the ones I'm wearing which are also hers look big. Congrats Meganbuck48 on having such a
versatile sunglass-face!
The Lincoln Memorial was my second favorite.
It was incredible. The statue was HUGE and the building was AMAZING.
My first question I had of the day was why are so many of the D.C buildings made
Grecian style?
This cute little guy jumped right in the photo and Meg didn't even notice.
Totally looks like she
does but she didn't even turn until he left. Turns out it's hard for tall people to see stuff
below shoulder level. Who would have thought?
We were stoked out of our minds to see this statue.. Kinzie's dream this entire trip/19 years of life was to see Abe. She was a little shy though. Abe is much better looking IRL...
Way too shy. She could hardly function.
It's almost as bad as when I pull my video camera out.
We ended the day with Cafe Rio because Meg hasn't had it since she's lived in NYC. It was all fun and games until Kinz remembered she left her red teddy bear phone at the Lincoln Monument. She'll probably be ticked for me telling the public.. but she got so nervous for a sec. She was shaking a little bit uncontrollably. She couldn't even get the food to her mouth.
It felt like she was in shock because she wouldn't respond to me. She would do a little awkward smile and just kind of try to eat and move around uncomfortably.
...The good news is a security guard got her phone so we just ran back and got it.
Oh, and her shaking stopped. Which was better.
After all of the confusion we went to the place we were staying. Some family friends let us stay in their house and it was SO nice to feel comfy and totally at home. They were so kind to let us three stay there while they were out of town. We got all cleaned up to go get Kinzie some dinner (since Cafe
-WAIT SIDENOTE AGAIN! Kinz just slept talked hardcore. she said something was happening all year. then I laughed way loud and she said "that's weird!"
Then I woke her up with my laughing and she said "wait.. what just happened?"
and rolled back over.
ok. back to the blog. She didn't eat dinner due to the fact that her shakes were a bit out of hand. We grabbed her dinner and headed back to watch a movie. She was out after like 5 minutes of the movie. At midnight me and Meg woke her up to sing Happy Birthday and she didn't care one bit. This morning she told us she didn't even remember!
Turns out she's a hilarious sleeper. I knew we were friends for a reason!
We were sooo blessed to be able to go to D.C for so cheap and to have everything fall into place so perfectly, last minute. Something about it was just so wonderful. Definitely in my top 5..possibly 3 favorite places, and I decided that within the first 5 minutes of being in the city!
I'll get caught up on the second day tomorrow. It's 4 am here so I better get some sleep!
Have a great day!
-Lex
plus sorry for the typos.. I'm way too tired.












































No comments:
Post a Comment