Sunday, July 3, 2011

An Example of the believers.

Ok. Every single person older then me wins.
They were all right. All those people who told me
"you won't have time for this, or that"
HOLY CRACK they sure are right.
I have time for absolutely nothing! It's terrible.
But it's also SO amazing.
(that's my excuse for never blogging)

So, I haven't completely moved out yet, but I've been gone
so much it feels like I have. I have learned SO many things.
Even the simplest of things about me, life, my personality,
other peoples personalities and just well.. the world.

I've learned that..

1. I almost die without my moms cooking.
sometimes I accidentally live off cheez-its.
2. I bite my nails not only when i'm nervous but also when i'm
bored or concentrating.
3. I can't sleep without washing my face.
4. Whore Houses are legal in Nevada.
(I've been living in the Utah bubble.. I know)
5. I am actually patient. I never thought I was.
6. I have A M A Z I N G family members and friends.
7. I can be outgoing. even when I don't try.
(It was awesome at the first camp I taught. I just did it.)
8. I'm a homebody. BOY DO I get homesick.
9. I have a testimony of the gospel.
10. I have wonderful examples around me.

I have had so many trials these last few weeks. Some I never knew I would have to
even go through. I remember in church as a little girl teachers would
talk about going through hard times, and have temptations and I one time raised
my hand and actually said, "It's not even hard to live righteously."
DUH Lexi. What mistakes can you make when you're 9?! Lie about
turning in your homework? hello. It's a piece of cake when
you're a kid.
Now I'm learning so much about how other people live,
about other peoples priorities and loves, and dislikes and everything. It's SO
interesting to me. I never knew how different I actually am from most
people. Not in a bad or good way. just different.
I thought moving out, and having this UCA job would be
so hard for me because I've never really been around
a BIG group of people who believe different things I do.. And I love it so much.
I think it's so fun being around so many different people. I love even
more that every single person I work with respects what I believe.
One of the boys I work with tells me overtime we're together
"I don't swear when I am around you"
and I realized, I am SO blessed to know kinds of people like that.
I would never ever ever ever ever get mad or be offended because
someone swore in front of me. I totally understand why people do it. and I am
fine with it. I just choose not to. and to have someone completely different
than me in so many ways do something so simple like that just for ME...
it is SO sweet. and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that
he blessed me with these people.

He also blessed me with these three rockstars.
(The title rockstars just came to mind and I couldn't help it.. so odd but I'm so glad I thought it!)


Chadder, Paco and Chaser.
What great guys.
Chad Is in Guatemala already!!!! SO weird.
Christian (Paco) is going to Germany.
(last he wrote he was in the MTC still)
And my last but DEF not least Chase..
He's going to Guatemala also!!

what amazing 'brothers' I have.
Like I said. God has blessed me so much.
These three are examples of the believers. I pray that I can be too.
I don't plan on converting people like these three any time soon. I just hope every
person I meet understands what I believe. I hope they understand I'm trying
to be a great person just like everyone else I know.

Happy Sunday everyone...

So much love,
Alexis Glauser


No comments:

Post a Comment